JDK Version history - Best Features
In this post I'll not go deep into each feature but keep it as a chit-sheet for interview preparation on different JDK best features in different versions.
JDK 7 - new and best features
1. Diamond operator / Type interface >>
2. String is now allowed in Switch
3.Automatic resource management - try-with-resources statement
4.Underscore in Numeric literals _
5. Improved exception handling - Catching Multiple Exception Type in Single Catch Block
6. New file system API (NIO 2.0)
7. Binary Literals with prefix "0b"
8. Fork and Join
JDK 8 - new and best features
1. Lambda Expressions, a new language feature, has been introduced in this release. They enable you to treat functionality as a method argument, or code as data. Lambda expressions let you express instances of single-method interfaces (referred to as functional interfaces) more compactly.
2.Collections : Classes in the new java.util.stream package provide a Stream API to support functional-style operations on streams of elements.
Reference :   
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 // // 0 comments //
0 comments to "JDK Version history - Best Features"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ▼ April (2)
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download