Tutorial on Eclipse plugin extension-points and extensions.
This is a basic tutorial on how to create a simple base eclipse plugin which will have extension-point defined and also creating another eclipse plugin which will have extension to hook to existing extension-point in base plugin.
this whole tutorial has two primary tasks and they are
1.Creating a base plugin having an extension point definition.
2.Creating an extension plugin which implements the base extension point.
Creating a base plugin having an extension point definition.
Now let's see how this base plugin will be created which will have definition to a extension-point.
Once after opening your eclipse in plug-in-development perspective, create a new project by name Base Plugin.
1. Create a new eclipse plugin project from File > New
2. Give it a name ex : Base Plugin
3.Provide the vendor name , un-check Generate activator stuff.
4.Select one of the Template , in this tutorial im using Command ...
5.Modify the below fields Message box Text etc..
6. Now modify the plugin.xml file in the project created to that custom menu names and sub menus will be displayed.
Modified plugin XML code looks like below ..
7. Now right click on the Base plugin project and run it as eclipse plugin project.
8. Now you should see new eclipse plugin instance opened up showing a new menu item along with the default menu items with name Base plugin command.
9.Just select the command and see the output for the base plugin we have created.
Same post will be updated soon with steps to modify the base plugin to facilitate with definition of extension point and creating another plugin which will extend the extension defined in base with their own implementations.
Monday, September 16, 2013 // // 0 comments //
wget command to copy directory containing multiple sub directories and files
Below is a simple WGET command which will download a folder recursively with its sub directories and files.
wget -r --no-parent https://ABC.com/projects/build/prebuild/offerings/20130910-0610%25krishna.g_p00027/ --http-user XYZ--http-passwd XYZ--no-check-certificate
Simple explanation :
-r : Recursively copies
--no-parent : Do'nt copy the parent siblings. only downloads from the specified subdirectory and downwards hierarchy.
--http-user : Username
--http-passwd : Password
--http-passwd : Accept https certificates if any .
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ▼ September (2)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download