Node Vs Cell in WebsphereA node is a logical grouping of managed servers.A node usually corresponds to a logical or physical computer system with a distinct IP host address. Where as a Cell is logical grouping of multiple nodes.
Cell profile : Use the cell profile to make applications available to the Internet or to an intranet under the management of the deployment manager.
Creation of a cell profile generates a deployment manager profile and a federated node profile in one iteration through the Profile Management tool. The result is a fully functional cell on a given system.
Important Terms in WAS
Cell : Represents a logical grouping of multiple nodes for administrative purposes.
Node : Represents a physical system running one or more WebSphere servers.
Server : Represents an instance of a Java™ virtual machine (JVM).
Cluster : Represents a logical grouping of multiple application servers within a cell for administration, application deployment, load balancing, and failover purposes.
Federation :The process of joining a stand-alone WebSphere node to a WebSphere cell.
Picture to visualize the things :
References : 
2 comments to "Difference between Cell&Node in Websphere"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ▼ October (3)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download