But at last I got a solution to do so; now It is hassle free to configure and browse through internet on Pocket PC phones like ASUS or HTC using Airtel GPRS (Airtel Live) especially in India.
Here are the steps to configure settings to use internet in PDA browsers.
I tried it on Windows Mobile 6.1, and it worked like charm for me.
- First Activate Airtel Live by sending the required SMS to 121
- Assuming your airtel Live is now active for account.
- Tap Start -> Settings.
- Select Connections Tab and tap Connections.
- Select Advanced Tab, tap Select Networks button to bring up Network Management.
- Under "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:" drop down, tap the New button.
- In the General Tab, type the name of the settings as Airtel Live
- Select Modem tab, tap New...
- Type the name of connection as Airtel Live, select the modem as Cellular Line (GPRS) and tap Next.
- Type Access Point Name as airtelfun.com and tap next.
- Leave username, password and domain blank and tap finish.
- Select Proxy Settings tab. Tap "This network connects to the Internet". This should enable the next check box option.
- Tap "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet".
- Type the proxy server as: 22.214.171.124 and then tap Advanced...
- Tap HTTP, leave the server as 126.96.36.199 and change the port to 8080
- Similarly tap WAP, Secure WAP and Socks, type the server as 188.8.131.52 but leave the port to defaults. These are optional settings.
- Tap OK to close the Advanced proxy setup screen.
- Tap OK to close the New connection screen.
- The network management screen should now list the new connection you have created in the drop-down. Tap OK to close this screen
- Tap OK to close the connection screen.
Here you go !! open your Internet explorer browser from programs and start browsing your favourite sites.
19 comments to "Airtel GPRS for ASUS,HTC, Pocket PC-Proxy settings"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ▼ July (2)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download