S.No Command Its Use
1. psrinfo Gives processor type details
2. isainfo -v Bits of processor
isainfo -b Supported applications and it reports the number of bits
supported by native applications on the running system,
which can be passed as a token to scripts
3. showrev Hostname, host ID, release, kernel architecture,
application architecture, hardware provider, domain, and
4. uname -a Operating system name, release, and version;node;name;
hardware name; processor type
5. prtconf | grep Memory Installed memory
6. date 0621141001 Will change the current system date to Thu Jun 21
14:10:00 MDT 2001
7. cat /etc/motd To see and change the message of the day
8. /etc/nodename To change the host name modify all these files
/etc/hostname.xxy and reboot
How to change IP in Solaris machine?
To Change the IP on Solaris we requires edit two files:
If you are changing network address, you will need to change the router address in the file:
Changing the hostname now only requires editing these files:
You can find all your network interfaces by drivername and instance# by running the following command: prtconf -D | grep network
Note: the following hosts files are no longer used in solaris 10.
Rebooting the computer should bring up the new ip and hostname.
0 comments to "Solaris basic interview questions"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- How to share a directory on Solaris ? (Mounting a ...
- vmount: Operation not permitted - AIX mount a remo...
- How to transfer bike registration from one State t...
- mChek for airtel-application download .jar .jad
- Mchek Airtel Postpaid Service numbers message numb...
- Solaris basic interview questions
- Command to add / remove a package in solaris
- Microsoft Surface - ppt
- Money intrest caliculator
- ▼ May (9)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download