How to increase /tmp size in Solaris ?
You can Increase the tmp space by adding a new and big swap file.
To add a swap file, follow these instructions:
Syntax: mkfile sizeoffile /
/ => it creates a swap file
bash-2.05#mkfile 1500m /opt/myswapfile
Syntax: swap -a /path/file => adds the swap file
bash-2.05#swap -a /opt/myswapfile
To view the added swap file:
swap -l => view added swap file
bash-2.05# which mkfile
bash-2.05# which swap
1 comments to "How to increase /tmp size in solaris ?"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- Google have launched a site (link) for the Indian ...
- what are init 0 init 1 init 2 init 3 init 4 init 5...
- Difference between init 6 and reboot - Unix comman...
- How to add image beside post titles in blogspot or...
- Logo/icon/image on browser address bar - Fevicon
- Trip to Talakad, Somanathpura, Shivanasamudram, Ga...
- How to stop /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m in Solaris...
- How to increase /tmp size in solaris ?
- I’m paid by mGinger
- Solaris commands - Sorted according to use
- nfs mount: mount: /release: Device busy error
- FTP - windows to unix file upload using FTP
- మనసు - మాటలు: బూటు గొప్పా ? పెన్ను గొప్పా ?
- మనసు - మాటలు: చిరంజీవి కి కోడి గుడ్లు - బాలయ్య కి ...
- News paper on Aug 15 1947 Times of India
- Travel places in Bangalore Karantaka-Restaurants,D...
- Not able to Embed Comment Form below post in Blogg...
- Who moved my chese ? Telugu review in pustakam.net...
- ▼ April (18)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download