I wondered to see the extent of gtalk bots coming these days - Now we are just a click away in searching Trains or in search of a suitable job for us. With the help of best portals in their profession it made possible and easy for us to use aswell. Thanks to Naukiri and cleartrip sites which made these bots available for us.
Gtalk bots are simple automated programs for doing some particular task, often over a network.
This Gtalk bots looks like just a email id which you need to add as a friend in your G-Talk messenger.
Once this id is added to our Gtalk id and visible as online we can directly chat in the chatwindow for this id. But the chat instructions are specific, we need to know lititle knoledge about these instructions. But always a proper help will be provided by these Gtalk- bots.
Naukri.com a pivotal Job portal from Info Edge (India) Limited has announced it integration with Google Chat aka GTalk which enables one to search Jobs within GTalk or GMail chat.
Naukri.com has launched this app called NaukriOnChat that lets you search and apply to jobs using Gtalk. This kind of Application comes handy when such kind of Job boards are banned in offices or most of the companies keeping tab on their employees resulting such sites to be blocked at workplaces. With this app one can search or even apply for jobs without having to visit the Naukri.com website.
Once logged in on your GTalk desktop app or within Gmail browser window one has to add firstname.lastname@example.org to Gtalk friends list or chat friends of Gmail to get the NaukriOnChat get going.More info: type "Help" when u chat.
Online travel company Cleartrip.com has launched a new chat-based train search service that allows users to check train schedules and availability through basic internet chat, such as Google Talk. To use the service, one first needs to add email@example.com as a friend in GTalk, after which the Cleartrip train search bot starts acting like an online advisor.
Tell your journey details like this: 'Chennai kanyakumari Mar 11 3A'
Output with in a second:
Searching for trains between Chennai and NAGERCOIL JN on 07 Mar class 3A
2633 - Kanyakumari exp Rs. 320, @ 17:30 [Waitlist 90]
6127 - Ms guruvayur ex Rs. 299, @ 07:50 [Waitlist 257]...
Similarly I found many more Gtalk bots in this link..
Here is the information from the above link
You can do lot of interesting stuff with Google Talk like get alert notifications, save bookmarks to delicious, manage web calendars, set reminders, write blogs, and so much more.
Such features can be easily integrated into Google Talk through ‘bots’ which, in simple English, are like virtual friends who are online 24×7 and will always respond with a smile to your questions or requests.
- Add a transliteration bot to your friend list. There are 5 of them available currently: (firstname.lastname@example.org for Hindi, email@example.com for Kannada, firstname.lastname@example.org for Telugu, email@example.com for Tamil and firstname.lastname@example.org for Malayalam)
- Start chatting with your friend.
- Convert the chat session to a group chat and invite the particular bot (you added in step 1) to the group chat.
From now on whatever you type in english will be converted to the appropriate language by the bot.
To get the lattest and hot news directly on your Gtalk add email@example.com in your buddy list in Gtalk.
Send help as instant message and you can get the list of accepted keywords.
The keywords are like sports, ent and top. You receive news stories snippet along with link to the news story.
Apart from these cool gtalk bots there still many more ...Here are the eleven most useful ‘bots’ that transform Google Talk into a more useful program:
1. firstname.lastname@example.org - Add this IM Feeds bot as your Google Talk buddy and you’ll be able to read any blog or website that syndicates content via RSS feeds.
To subscribe to a website in GTalk, simply send a new IM message that says "sub labnol.org" where labnol.org is the site address that you want to read inside Google Talk.
2. email@example.com - This secret bot lets you post to FriendFeed from Google Talk. You may submit either hyperlinks or text messages.
3. firstname.lastname@example.org - This imified bot turns Google Talk into a real powerhouse.
You can post bookmarks to delicious, send messages to Twitter, submit blog entries to WordPress, Tumblr or Blogger, manage events in Google Calendar, shorten long URLs, run whois and so on.
4. email@example.com - Like IM Feeds, iNezha bot helps you read feeds inside Google Talk but this is slightly more versatile. For instance, you can simply say "digg" and it will show a list of all feeds that match that search term so you don’t have to type (or copy-paste) feed addresses.
5. Translation - This is a free service from Google that helps you translate words from a foreign language into your native language. Just add the relevant bot (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for Hindi to English or email@example.com for English to Hindi) as your buddy, send him a message and it will get translated instantly.
6. Use Google Talk with Twitter - Invite firstname.lastname@example.org to become your friend in Google Talk and verify your account. Now whenever you IM this new friend, the message will automatically publish on your twitter account.
7. Set Task Reminders - If you need to remember something important, Google Talk can send you reminders for that event.
Just add timer to your Twitter friend’s list and then add email@example.com to your buddy list in Gtalk. Now if you want to get a reminder after 50 minutes, send a direct message to twitter like "d timer 50 pick kids from school" and a reminder will automatically pop up in your Google Talk after 50 minutes.
8. Transliteration - If you want to chat in your mother tongue (like Hindi or Tamil) but feel more comfortable using the English keyboard, Google Transliteration bot will come in handy.
For instance, add firstname.lastname@example.org to you friend’s list in GTalk and all messages you type in English will get transliterated in the language of your choice. Available only for a few Indian languages.
9. Xpenser - With xpenser, you can record travel expenses via email, SMS or even Google talk. Add email@example.com as your buddy and send a message like "lunch 33.2 with Bill Gates" and that will be added as an expense to your online spreadsheet that can be accessed from anywhere.
10. Ping.fm - Like Imified, ping.fm is one of the most useful Google bots out there especially if you are a social networking or micro-blogging addict.
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to Gtalk and you can communicate with twitter, jaiku, wordpress, identi.ca, facebook, myspace, bebo, friendfeed, linkedin, tumblr, plaxo, friendster, delicious and more.
11. Meshly - Add email@example.com as your friend and you’ll be able to post web link to your Meshly account via Google Talk. You can also add tags, categories and description to your hyperlink via Gtalk itself.
4 comments to "Trains, jobs and news information on Gtalk - gtalk bots"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- Vellore golden temple, Kaanipakam
- Gudimallam - Papanaidupeta, Kaala Hasti, Tirupathi...
- Who moved my cheese?? - Book review.
- My quotes
- bX-si9ejx bX-59z3vw Error blogspot uploading new t...
- Blogadda’s Spicy pick of the Saturday – Krishna’s ...
- Trains, jobs and news information on Gtalk - gtalk...
- మార్పు - నేర్పు
- ▼ March (8)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download