Most of the times while working with IDE's it is gud to have short-cuts on our finger tips.
I found this pdf useful one while working on ecclipse ...
Eclipse Shortcuts - Download
- Rock on(Hindi)
- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay(English)
What is xhost ?
- Using a xterminal, telnet to a server.(say using root user) Ex : server1
- Start the Xserver application say VNC on server1
- Now Xserver(vncserver) is running on this server1 exports all Display stuff to a particular port(say port number 2).
- User(root) who started this vncserver can now able to see all his display related stuff by exporting DISPLAY environmental variable.
- Using xterminal new user say user1 has telnet to the server1.
- Now user1 wants to use the same VNC server for his dispaly stuff.
- He just exported DISPLAY variable as follows
- When we try launching a window it may not happen ...
- If the NFS server is set up correctly (by someone with a bit of security knowledge) then it will "squash" root;that means that root gets demoted to the nobody account. We can call it as foreign root.
- So if you have any files in the install archive which are readable only by root then you have problems.
- It translates root to a less privileged account so you can not peek at other peoples files on the same server - basically over NFS root is not really root in fact in most cases root becomes the least privileged account on the NFS server.
- If you require your package to be installed by root over NFS then you need to ensure that all installer files are publicly readable (as chmod 777 will not be worked on those files).
- If you did relax security on the NFS server then it may work around your issue but a customer with a decent NFS would have the problem.
- The "chmod" would probably fail if you tried it as root - what you need to do is copy the installer locally, changed the permissions to be publicly readable and then copy the revised archive to the NFS drive.
- So better avoid installing to and from NFS - there are many other issues aside from the squashed root one - even with non-root users.
Note : I faced this issue when i am using IBM Netcool Tivoli's Network Monitor(Proviso) which uses IBM installers and frame work
In other way
SNMP is used in Network Management Systems(NMS) to monitor network-attached devices for conditions that warrant administrative attention. It consists of a set of standards for network management, including an Application Layer protocol, a database schema, and a set of data objects.
SNMP exposes management data in the form of variables on the managed systems, which describe the system configuration. These variables can then be queried (and sometimes set) by managing applications.
In typical SNMP usage, there are a number of systems to be managed, and one or more systems managing them. A software component called an agent runs on each managed system and reports information via SNMP to the managing systems.
There will be 2 things in SNMP design.
One is Manager and the other is Agent.
Manager will be a main station containing HP Open View or Netcool – Suite.
Agent would be SNMP software running on any client, which will be monitored by Manager.
The manager is usually a software program running on a workstation or larger computer that communicates with agent processes that run on each device being monitored. Agents can be found on switches, firewalls, servers, wireless access points, routers, hubs, and even users' workstations – the list goes on and on. As seen in the illustration, the manager polls the agents making requests for information, and the agents respond when asked with the information requested.
(Going to update with more abt SNMP...)
Its been 3 years since we are working together, now its come to an end. When I recollected the days - This is the prime time in my life where my career has been shaped.
When we're least expecting it
One day in some far off place
I will recognize your face
I won't say goodbye my friend
For you and I will meet again
by - Tom Petty
80 Feet Road, 8th Block
Landmark: Opposite Hindu Stadium (NGV)
Following are my contact details - always feel free to drop me a mail/SMS.
"Cute and curious – Fast and furious"
You can contact me through e-mail.
- Telugu to English Dictionary - http://dsal.uchicago.edu/dictionaries/gwynn/index.html
- To download blog templates
- Blogger templates
- Bloggers Help
- Nice Wall papers
- Baby names with meaning
- Falling objects script
- Banners - http://www.imagechef.com/ic/banner/ 
- Christmas banners : http://www.christmas-graphics-plus.com/free/graphic-banners.html
I really amazed to see this web portal ... I saw this kinda web portal in US to know the list of car-poolers in particular route. But the one we have, perfectly suits to our requirements like route map, auto fare, live traffic, nearest bust stops and also to get the route on our mobile etc.
- Live Traffic
- Optimal routes between any two places in the city
- Auto Fares
- Nearest Bus Stops
- List of car-poolers in a route
- Get route on Mobile
This is sincere from my heart...
- The articles I wrote are not for any commercial purposes but just to share my views.
- The Ads that make revenue will surely go for the charity purposes. Not even a single paisa to my pocket.
- The posts I publish are just from my experience and just my feelings but not guaranteed that it helps every body.
- My posts won't show any affinity towards a particular political party or a particular person in this world.
- Any information used from internet or books is just for reference about my ideas.
- My posts are not particular to promote any religion.
- I am not making any money from this blog, so if the photos or information I used from others sites , can notify and ask me to remove his proprietary information from my blog. (Required proofs of proprietary).
- Unless otherwise intimated, copyright of the material on this blog is held by Krishna's Page administrator.
- Permission is granted to reproduce and distribute copies of the information for nonprofit educational or library purposes, provided that copies are distributed at or below cost, and that the author, source, and copyright notice are included on each copy.
- These items may be further forwarded and distributed in the network, so long as the statement of copyright remains intact.
In this space I want to share my discussions or understandings about any important people I meet so far.
When ever we gave some bucks as penalty to cops for any reason that moment we thought of learning traffic rules and , takes a oath in our self to learn all the traffic rules in order to obey perfectly from next day onwards.
But this oath will become un attempted for whole life.
Not even people surround us educate us in this matter. Because many of us won't care about it.
These days I faced several situations and observed some scenes with friends; even if there is no mistake from our side,Traffic police started asking money from innocent public like us.
We will be in hurry to catch some train or bus or even to go to office, we won't think and recollect R&R, but we end up in paying some thing to cop to get out of that situation when ever cop locks our vehicle and try to detain our vehicle.
Most of the Time the following questions will be unanswered in our mind - some of them are
* When a Traffic cop can detain our vehicle?
* Do we need to leave our vehicle and go ?
* How much fine we need to pay?
* Do we need to give our license to cop?
* If our license is taken ; shall we get another temporary license? etc.
Find answers for all those FAQS from the official Bangalore traffic controller website.
The following links are purely government website only....we can trust I think.
FAQs about Traffic R&R
And how much is the fine to be paid in different situations you can find it here
I got rid from this subtle with small practice of keeping a hard copy of the following R&R FAQ's in my vehicle.
Hope this helps all of us ... If you have some other points to help me in regards to this; please add your comments here.
I tried this already and its very cool.I can say about chrome as"Developers and testers friendly browser". Of course there is no doubt it will mesmerize normal internet users when used as a normal browser. And i guess it is going to attract all other browsers(IE,FF, etc) users soon.
Its features include
* New Tab page
* Application shortcuts
* Dynamic tabs
* Crash control
* Incognito mode
* Safe browsing
* Instant bookmarks
* Importing settings
While using VI editor in UNIX many of us come across a need to Replace a particular word with another word.
Say our file containing a text information as follows
"Ramu and giri are really nice friends. Both of them work in the same office. Ramu working as SWE and giri working as Accountant"
In the above text information if we want to replace all instances of the word Ramu with Krishna the following steps will help
type like this
Some more similar tricks here
More about Vi
- What is the correct signature of the
public static void main(String args)
- When declaring the main method, which modifier must come first, public or static?
- What parameters does the main method define?
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Java Lessons Learned - Eclipse Shortcuts
- Week-end Time Pass
- one crore dollars for your 'idea'
- xhost , Xserver, Xterminal ...
- Being a root also , Not able to install when ur bu...
- Gutsy Indian Women - Smoking
- Looking for Invisible mode on G-Talk ????
- Blogger of the Day(BOTDA)
- Word of Farewell !!! @ BlueSpice
- Contact !!
- Who am I ?
- Chintakayala Ravi .. SWE
- Blogs I watch
- Transport Information System
- wherefore for me!!!
- Skandagiri - Trecking to the top of clouds
- Bike captions...
- Traffic Rules & Regulations - Bangalore(100 % lega...
- Google's Chrome, ready to Rule the browsers world ...
- Search and Repalce a particular word in VI Editor(...
- Java Preparation for interviews
- ▼ September (25)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download