What is endianism ?
In other way - What is the byte order of your machine ?
Or in some other way How do u convert the byte order on your UNIX machine ?
Endianism is nothing but the described byte order in ur machine memory, it is of 2 types one is Little and other is Big-Endianism.
simply - ordering of bytes to store a particular data inside ur computer memory
Little Endian means that the lower order byte of the number is stored in memory at the lowest address, and the higher order byte is stored at the highest address. That is, the little end comes first.
For example, a 4 byte, 32-bit integer
Byte3 Byte2 Byte1 Byte0
will be arranged in memory as follows:
Intel processors use "Little Endian" byte order.
Big Endian means that the higher order byte of the number is stored in memory at the lowest address, and the lower order byte at the highest address. The big end comes first.
Motorola, Solaris processors use "Big Endian" byte order.
So now How to decide the byte order in ur machine?
here is the Solaris command for you to decide that !
echo abcd | od -t xS
A little-endian machine would output:
0000000 6261 6463 000a
while a big-endian machine would output:
0000000 6162 6364 0a00
Hope this helps - if u come to any other ways please comment it here.
where is od installed on Solaris ?
0 comments to "What is endianism? How to determine machine endianism on Unix ?"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Holy trip to Guruvayur, Chottanikara, Ayyappa Saba...
- Holy trip to Ayyppa Sabarimala - Part 1
- Cold water bath in Bangalore winter
- Gems in the devine telugu movies jewellery - Part ...
- What is endianism? How to determine machine endian...
- Credit cards - banks and phone numbers
- People’s anger on politics - “Peace March” in Mumb...
- Solution to Terrorists attacks in India !
- Unix commands mapping on diffirent Unix flavors(HP...
- ▼ December (9)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download