This post is merely for the people who feels bad about the BSNL broadband connection. BSNL broadband connection comes with a land line also. So when ever there is a problem in the Broadband connection it is good to go with Dial up connection. As the the BSNL providers response is very slow to our issues Dial up will surely solves our problems in emergency.So now lets see how to create a Dial up connection using BSNL phone line.
Creating a new dail up connection in XP:(1)
Process with images
- Go to from Start menu- Control Panel
- Go to Network Connections On the left side, click on Create a new connection A window will appear.
- Click on the Next > button.
- Select the option Connect to the Internet and click on the Next > button.
- Select the option Set up my connection manually and click on the Next > button.
- Select the option Connect using a dial-up modem and click on the Next > button.
- Type in BSNL under the ISP Name and click on the Next > button.
- Type in the phone number that you will be using to connect to BSNL and click on the Next > button.
- Username: 8025717613(your telephone number without zero in the STDcode+yournumber - 80(080 is bangalore code- 25717613 is landline numeber)
- Password: 25717613(password would be your phone number)(Password is case-sensitive and should be comprised of alphanumeric characters.)
- Click on the option Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you want to create a shortcut on the desktop.
- Click on the Finish button. A new dialer is created in the Network Connections.
- A connection shortcut icon will appear at the Windows desktop.
- You've successfully setup the BSNL Internet connection.
- Now right click on short cut created on desk top with name BSNL and say connect ...here you go ...It should work.
Problems in Dial up connection:Some times this process will not help to connect to the Internet so there are small things to be taken care while creating the connection, those are as follows.
- Right click on your short-cut go to Properties. General Tab.
- There is a drop down menu for selecting our country, Select India(91) .
- Just below the drop down check the check box with name "use dialing rules"
Now just beside check beside you find a button with name "Dialing Rules"
- Click on Dialing RulesClick on new button and create a new location with ur are name and area code : ex : Bangalore 080After creating new location
- Try editing it using Edit button. In the edit screen verify your country to be as India (which ever you gave already)
- Make sure that the phone number to be dialed as should be shown as 172222
- Select Radio button "Pulse"
- Click ok in all the windows and now try connecting hope it should work this time.
1 comments to "BSNL Dial up Connectiion"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Deepavali Vs Goddess of sleep
- Dream home designer software - Google SketchUp
- Old is Bold - New is Italic
- Solaris Commands - Tips - Installtion - All about ...
- Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
- Handy tools for Browser Testing (IE6, IE7, FF)
- BSNL Dial up Connectiion
- IE7 - runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
- JRE - Browsers ( IE, Firefox)
- Trip to Kolar, Kotilingeshwara, Bangaru Tirupati, ...
- Java lessons learned - Naming Convention, Variable...
- Andhra to America
- Is your blog listed under unauthorized Web pages w...
- Number of files in a directory
- Online Payment methods for different credit cards
- ▼ October (16)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download