- Global Warming
- Immense suffering to birds and animals along with humans.
- Noise pollution
- Increases Blood Pressure
- Heart attacks
- There are many adverse effects due to the chemicals used in these crackers.
Looking for a good software to design your dream home or office etc, Here is a wonderful free software from Google. It is called SketchUp. It is basically designed for normal computer users. So you need not be a techie to use this. You can see thousands of video tutorials too in their site to understand easily. It became my dream modeling and designing software now.
How to see Installed Hardware on Solaris ?
Courtesy : Microsoft
- Application Deskman will provide 4 virtual desktops.You can group your work items like open mail clients in a desktop Work application in the other. Browsing in the other and so on. After installing to access it right click on the toolbar and in toolbars select Desktop Manager.
- Power Caluculator wil provide extra functions like unit conversion, Trigonometric functions, logs etc.. After installing u can access it from start > programs.
- Task switch is just an extension to ALT TAB.After installing this you can see the entire page in the Alt Tab window instead of a simple icon.
Those who generally use multiple browsers as part of Cross-Browser testing for web-portals always face issues in finding multiple systems to open different browsers with different versions.
These are two tools I come across recently ... not sure there may be many other tools with nice ratings. If you come across any please leave a comment here to educate me.
This post is merely for the people who feels bad about the BSNL broadband connection. BSNL broadband connection comes with a land line also. So when ever there is a problem in the Broadband connection it is good to go with Dial up connection. As the the BSNL providers response is very slow to our issues Dial up will surely solves our problems in emergency.So now lets see how to create a Dial up connection using BSNL phone line.
Creating a new dail up connection in XP:(1)
Process with images
- Go to from Start menu- Control Panel
- Go to Network Connections On the left side, click on Create a new connection A window will appear.
- Click on the Next > button.
- Select the option Connect to the Internet and click on the Next > button.
- Select the option Set up my connection manually and click on the Next > button.
- Select the option Connect using a dial-up modem and click on the Next > button.
- Type in BSNL under the ISP Name and click on the Next > button.
- Type in the phone number that you will be using to connect to BSNL and click on the Next > button.
- Username: 8025717613(your telephone number without zero in the STDcode+yournumber - 80(080 is bangalore code- 25717613 is landline numeber)
- Password: 25717613(password would be your phone number)(Password is case-sensitive and should be comprised of alphanumeric characters.)
- Click on the option Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you want to create a shortcut on the desktop.
- Click on the Finish button. A new dialer is created in the Network Connections.
- A connection shortcut icon will appear at the Windows desktop.
- You've successfully setup the BSNL Internet connection.
- Now right click on short cut created on desk top with name BSNL and say connect ...here you go ...It should work.
Problems in Dial up connection:Some times this process will not help to connect to the Internet so there are small things to be taken care while creating the connection, those are as follows.
- Right click on your short-cut go to Properties. General Tab.
- There is a drop down menu for selecting our country, Select India(91) .
- Just below the drop down check the check box with name "use dialing rules"
Now just beside check beside you find a button with name "Dialing Rules"
- Click on Dialing RulesClick on new button and create a new location with ur are name and area code : ex : Bangalore 080After creating new location
- Try editing it using Edit button. In the edit screen verify your country to be as India (which ever you gave already)
- Make sure that the phone number to be dialed as should be shown as 172222
- Select Radio button "Pulse"
- Click ok in all the windows and now try connecting hope it should work this time.
It is common that most of us as has seen IE7 loading "http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx" URL even after specifying about:blank in internet option for IE7.
There is small work around for this to get rid of from IE7 first startup.
Go to Start -> RUN -> regedit ->
In Registry editor window try to point this location
How to find which JRE is being used by different browsers
- And there is another general way from which all the browsers and its JRE's being controlled.
- Antharganga : A hill - for rock climbing with steps, on top there is water coming out from Nandi mouth … (Indra shooting held here)
- Kolar Gold Fields (KGF) – (Donga Dongadi movie song – “Manmada rasa Manmada raasa “song shooted here) so come in balck dresses to have some nice photo shoot.
- Koti Lingeshwara temple – ( Sri Manjunatha movie shoted here)(
- Eagle Temple.
- Mulbagal - Village with some temples (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulbagal)
- Guttahalli - Bangaru Tirupati Venkateshwara Temple is a historically famous well-known pilgrimage center in Karnataka. Bangaru Tirupati is also known as Chikka Tirupati.
Don't know what wrong/Bad/Good with this 7 combination we stopped just before K R Puram itself; as one of the bikes gave some trouble. At that time generally no mechanics will be available but we gave a try to check our luck we tried troubleshooting in parallel but of no use. At last decide to get another bike by keeping it in one safe place. After all these problems we started around 8:45 AM and reached Hoskot. In hoskot itself we had very light break fast. (Though idly is deadly for me, I had it because it is my modus operandi while traveling). From mile to mile my ardent eyes are waiting to see Kolar. Indeed we reached Kolar from Hoskot in just 40 mins or less.On the way to Kolar we had small photo session at one stop with nice mountain surrounded by greenery and small ponds … From Kolar junction there are two routes to precede further, one is towards “Antarganga” which is just 5 KM from Kolar junction. Another thing is towards KGF with many places to cover. So we decided to ride our bikes towards “Bangarpeta Junction”. We missed to cover "Antharganga" and "KGF" in this trip …hope we will plan another trip for these two.
- Variables must always declared with a name and a type.
- Class - First letter CAPS for each new word ex : SavingGoal
- Function(method) - First Letter SMALL ex : updateSavings()
- Variable - First Letter SMALL ex : Dog tommyHigh
- Packages - all SMALL letters ex :
- Constructors - First letter CAPS for each new word (like class) ex : SavingGoal
- Class - is a blueprint for an object.
- Description for JVM to make object is nothing but a class.
- Class consists instances (instance variables) and methods.
- Mark instance variables private
- Mark getters and setters public(get and set methods)
- Instance variables always gets default value.
- Local variables(variables in methods) do NOT get a default value.Compiler reports error for this.
- Use == to compare two primitives or two references ex : int a = 4; int b = 4; if (a == b) print x;
- USe the equals() method to see if two different objects are equal(such as two different String objects).
- Java uses pass by value - " pass by value is passing by copy".
Don't know!! ...where is the relation for these two? But there is some thing which is tying potent.
Andhra Pradesh a state in India famously known as "Rice Bowl of India". Though advent of Software into andhrites lives, agriculture is still chief source of state income. It is the largest state in southern India. It is famous for one of the Indian dances called "Kuchipudi". It is having its own glory and history. Where as coming to America- is the one of the best among the wealthy and developed nations of world.
Though people like Nara Chandra Babu Naidu (ex-chief minister of AP) named Andhra as "Little America" in their open meetings; still Andhrites dreams are unlimited about America and its Dollars. The number of Andhrites going to US is always holding an exponential graph. The numbers of Telugu associations are increasing day-by-day expanding their branches in all most all the states of America.Starting from Telugu foods; there will be a special store for each and every thing which an andhtrite needs in America (Temples, shopping Malls etc).
I don't know who said this "తెలుగు జాతీ మనది నిండు గ వెలుగు జాతి మనది..."The sweetness and its brightness is spread allover the world. The legend - NTR who cued us the pride of Telugu is still driving us. No doubt of it. Soon there may comes a day which declares Telugu as one of the official languages of America ... And people are feeling this as their another home land as many are taking their birth in US itself and they had seen most of their life stages in US itself.
With the change in immigration rules some time in early sixties, brain drain to US from India gradually increased and it is still continuing. Initially Scientists, Engineers and doctors were part of this brain drain but that drastically turned into drain of software engineers. Even the person entered in US as doctor also turned into a software guy due to the advent of Software in early eighties of US. So dramatically the influx increased in 80's. Telugu people's expertise in professional skills in conjunction with English language skills gave them ease to settle there along with their kith and kin. I think there will be at least one family from each village of AP now settled in US. At present I don't think one can keep track of the statistics of Telugu people working in software companies of US.
When Indians in US started saying that "once you come into the country you never leave" people here started dreaming about the big houses, expensive cars with luxurious life. Of course all of these can be easily possible with smart/simple work itself in US but which we can't even think after decades of our toil also. So their love to go to America is becoming more and more day by day.The feeling to work in America is due to the differences in the currency (INR and USD). So people think that - working hard for some time there and the coming back to India with the earned dollars makes them as a rich man in the India society. Even the number of people who love to stay in America, getting US citizen ship is also high. It may be or may not be a lawful and loyal feeling. But this is how it is expanding its roots and it is what exactly happening.
These feelings are becoming mad and causing very unwanted situations in our lives and in our society which is not even making man rich but making them die in young ages. Due to US phobia Andhra families are giving importance to the men settled in US. The bride family members just think that bride-groom is working in America. But they really don't know whether he is already married or he is having any pre-marital relations over there they won’t really care for the work and his cultural habits of the guy. I am not here to criticize only Male/Female, but it’s about the changes in our culture, attire, and attitude every thing which impacts our lives.
I still remember a situation in a movie - " A girl maries a guy to just come to US and catch her old boy friend who is already in US and leaves that innocent NRI".
I can't say thatit may not happen in real life ...anything can happen with the change in attitudes.
"Once I finished my schooling I will go and join in Rammaih institute to get a good IIT rank."
If we stop him and ask "If you did not able to get a seat in Rammaih college what will you do ?"
His answer continues like this - “I will join in nice Junior college for best EAMCET coaching" after that "I will join in a Regional Engg.College; if not, at least some private Engg. Colleges one among the 30o in our state to finish my Graduation and start preparing GRE/TOEFL to get the US VISA. After finishing MS in US I will get green card in US and settle for my life there". This is how a typical Andhra school boy is planning his life. Final motto for him is to just settle in US. One may praise the kid for his foresight. But sure this is all happened only with the mad culture beside him. This is one typical scene I observed.
Now in India there will be more than 100 SWE for each street in a typical metropolitan city. All these SWE's next goal is just to travel and settle in USA or any other country. The people who want to settle in US generally wants to be as a Software engineer irrespective of the graduation or technical skills he has. Other case is about the Indian students travel to US for higher-studies are even working as rest room cleaners and waiters in hotels which they can’t even think about in India. For survival some thing is to be followed which we can even do in India. Then why should we go to US??? Is it just for survival to hide ourselves from our loved ones? We can have better and wonderful Educational institutes if our society or our politicians has thought of it at any time.
I have seen people who went to US for further studies fall in love with somebody, and marrying some other with their parents force. This is simply spoiling an innocent’s life. As that guy can’t even lead his life with the new bride and he can't even leave the one he loved. This is creating new trend of extra marital relations. I have seen the sorrows of such innocent people and their parents in India. We may not see our neighbor’s personal life and we don't even have time to listen his sorrows and we are least bothered for that. But the walls of a net-to-phone center know - what are the words that are exchanged between the persons in US and the one in India. Those are not at all the happy words but all about the words of grievance in their heart.
Some times this situation become too worse and killed those innocents itself. This is another kind of psychic behavior booming out from this culture. Can't we really live in India with what we are having now? ...we can live more than what we feel ...People are simply fond of US as if they think it as a heaven.
When it was my father's childhood, people used come from his villages to towns to prove themselves to reach existing opportunities in towns for a better life. And from my child hood, I have seen people traveling extensively to abroad just to have better life ...But in both the situation there a hell of differences. And I am not able to think about the future if this trend continues...
But I have only one strong believe -"our culture is the best standard" all of we should follow for must ...Can't we built a better nation staying here itself.. can't we go to renaissance ...I want our history to be repeated like the one we heard about the time in either krishna devaraya or Ashoka or who ever ...Of course if we are able to reach that pahse again it will not be a big time to build a society like in Ramayana and Mahabarata.Its not my word of frustration this is what the real situational solution what we all should think of ... According to our Indian culture there were just four stages of our small life which we can simply call as Balyam(0-5), Kaumaram(5-15), Yavvanam(15 - 40 or 50), Vruddapyam(50 - 100), So one can be matured enough to think about society happens only in his Kaumaram and he can act accordingly till some extent of his Vruddapyam after that no one can do any thing . So if we are simply wasting all our days here and there when we can full-fill our essence of life...
How many of us know the entire India and its culture and its History. We don't know even at least 35- 50 % of it. Isn't it? We, being Indians not worried about any such things but simply want to follow blindly behind the so called foreign culture as like a mob of sheep. But we should know and think about it - for its next generation effects. If we behave simply like those penguins in polar; sure there will be valley before us, in which we all are going to jump to die. So let's start thinking of India and its renowned culture.
This is second time I got this award ...
Unix command to count number of files in present folder
- ls | wc -l
- If your folder has directories and files, and you want to count only files, use the below.
- find ./ -type f | wc -l
- ls -F | grep -v -e "/" -e "@" | wc -w
- If you would like to list out number of all the objects excluding directory then use
I found this as interesting to share with people who use credit cards ...
- What to write on cheques?
- where to drop this cheques?
- Dropped in a wrong cheques box.(To pay HDFC you may dropped cheques in skypak drop box, which they wont process)
- Mistakes on cheques(wrong payee name, wrong date, mismatch in signature)
- Forgot to write important details like above.
- Issued Post dated cheques(HSBC wont accept Post dated cheques for credit card payments)
- Lost your cheques unconditionally before dropping in cheq drp box.
- Savings account balance gone below the cheques amount unexpectedly.
- For CITI bank credit cards
- For SBI credit cards
- ICICI Bank
- ABN AMRO:
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Deepavali Vs Goddess of sleep
- Dream home designer software - Google SketchUp
- Old is Bold - New is Italic
- Solaris Commands - Tips - Installtion - All about ...
- Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
- Handy tools for Browser Testing (IE6, IE7, FF)
- BSNL Dial up Connectiion
- IE7 - runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
- JRE - Browsers ( IE, Firefox)
- Trip to Kolar, Kotilingeshwara, Bangaru Tirupati, ...
- Java lessons learned - Naming Convention, Variable...
- Andhra to America
- Is your blog listed under unauthorized Web pages w...
- Number of files in a directory
- Online Payment methods for different credit cards
- ▼ October (16)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download