In other way
SNMP is used in Network Management Systems(NMS) to monitor network-attached devices for conditions that warrant administrative attention. It consists of a set of standards for network management, including an Application Layer protocol, a database schema, and a set of data objects.
SNMP exposes management data in the form of variables on the managed systems, which describe the system configuration. These variables can then be queried (and sometimes set) by managing applications.
In typical SNMP usage, there are a number of systems to be managed, and one or more systems managing them. A software component called an agent runs on each managed system and reports information via SNMP to the managing systems.
There will be 2 things in SNMP design.
One is Manager and the other is Agent.
Manager will be a main station containing HP Open View or Netcool – Suite.
Agent would be SNMP software running on any client, which will be monitored by Manager.
The manager is usually a software program running on a workstation or larger computer that communicates with agent processes that run on each device being monitored. Agents can be found on switches, firewalls, servers, wireless access points, routers, hubs, and even users' workstations – the list goes on and on. As seen in the illustration, the manager polls the agents making requests for information, and the agents respond when asked with the information requested.
(Going to update with more abt SNMP...)
0 comments to "SNMP"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Java Lessons Learned - Eclipse Shortcuts
- Week-end Time Pass
- one crore dollars for your 'idea'
- xhost , Xserver, Xterminal ...
- Being a root also , Not able to install when ur bu...
- Gutsy Indian Women - Smoking
- Looking for Invisible mode on G-Talk ????
- Blogger of the Day(BOTDA)
- Word of Farewell !!! @ BlueSpice
- Contact !!
- Who am I ?
- Chintakayala Ravi .. SWE
- Blogs I watch
- Transport Information System
- wherefore for me!!!
- Skandagiri - Trecking to the top of clouds
- Bike captions...
- Traffic Rules & Regulations - Bangalore(100 % lega...
- Google's Chrome, ready to Rule the browsers world ...
- Search and Repalce a particular word in VI Editor(...
- Java Preparation for interviews
- ▼ September (25)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download