India is a respectable country with its great culture and civilization.
But now all Indians should think before, to say this with their great pride.
In olden days in Indian culture women are very obedient and were far from smoking.
But the people run behind modern life, has changed their desires and their habits. One among them is Women’s smoking. Today’s metropolitan India cities go widely behind the western styles. Guys and gals are becoming fond of western life styles with these environmental changes.
People don’t have even time to think about the good and bad of western culture, but they just try copying them. This is simply their servile mentality.
Indian culture is not only based on superstition but also on science. Why our culture doesn’t support Women smoking
1. Women should not smoke because they have to carry children, if she smoke it will affect her baby!!
2. smokilng Women are more porne to respiratory problems than their male counter parts.
3. Asthma like problems never controlled in smoking women.
4. Smoking kills women more easily than men.
5. Heart attack rate is more in smoking women than men.
Despite of all these - Women are least bothered about the ill-effects of smoking. Women are more susceptible to smoking as they may feel it as trend. Western skirts became the symbols of accepting their culture replacing our saris’.Like this habit of smoking is also became a pitch to them. Modern life styles adnd trend passions are simply ruing the Educated people also.
Whenever if somebody saw a female smoker in restaurant, office lobby, or somewhere on the roads one should easily get a feeling about them as “loose woman”. Still woman are least bothered to ruin our culture. This kind of culture is growing rapidly only in developing courtiers like our India.
According to above Statistics the 1/3 of women population in india are smokers and most of them are educated. If this trend continues; by 2025 there will be equal or more number of women smokers than men.
When we ask a simple question to Edcuated people who smokes - “Why do u smoke ?” their answers and reasons are pretty simple and silly.
Look at their answers
"I smoke in order to keep from slowing down."
"Handling a cigarette is part of the enjoyment of smoking it."
"I light up when I feel angry about something."
"I smoke without being aware that I'm smoking."
"I smoke to perk myself."
"I get a great pleasure out of smoking."
"I'm very aware of when I'm not smoking."
"I like watching the smoke when I exhale."
"I want a cigarette the most when I feel relaxed."
"I get a gnawing hunger for a cigarette if I haven't smoked in a while."
"I find a cigarette in my mouth I don't even remember putting there."
This is really awakening time for women smokers ...please do understand the importance of our culture...
These are few lines from famous personalities about smoking
It is truly remarkable that one single factor, namely smoking, which is entirely preventable, accounts for nearly one in ten of all deaths in India. It is also very disturbing to see that even the poorest of the poor, who can buy very few other things, suffer so much from an injury that may be self-inflicted, but which is hugely promoted by commercial interests in the tobacco industry. The empirical results presented in this study bring out forcefully the need for immediate public action in this much neglected field.
Amartya Sen, Nobel Laureate in Economics, 2001, Harvard University
Women who smoke are equally at risk of being killed as are men. I am alarmed by the statistics for women in this historic study. The gender disadvantage that Indian women face in society can only be made worse by smoking. The key message here is simple: Quit! Lead by example. Help protect life that's worth living.
Nafisa Ali, National Swimming Champion 1974, Miss India 1976, Actor and Social Activist.
These are simply feelings in my mind; which are awakening me, after seeing a situation in "Barista", A cofee shop - near coconut grove, Koramnagala in Bangalore.
Situation : Boredom made me to walk to this coffee shop last Sunday. While entering in, observed the table arrangement, which best suits to couples. And on each table the woman sitting beside man was continuously smoking (I can say chain smoking). You believe me or not there were around 8 couples (the place can accommodate only approximately 12 couples at a time), none of them were non smokers.
12 comments to "Gutsy Indian Women - Smoking"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Java Lessons Learned - Eclipse Shortcuts
- Week-end Time Pass
- one crore dollars for your 'idea'
- xhost , Xserver, Xterminal ...
- Being a root also , Not able to install when ur bu...
- Gutsy Indian Women - Smoking
- Looking for Invisible mode on G-Talk ????
- Blogger of the Day(BOTDA)
- Word of Farewell !!! @ BlueSpice
- Contact !!
- Who am I ?
- Chintakayala Ravi .. SWE
- Blogs I watch
- Transport Information System
- wherefore for me!!!
- Skandagiri - Trecking to the top of clouds
- Bike captions...
- Traffic Rules & Regulations - Bangalore(100 % lega...
- Google's Chrome, ready to Rule the browsers world ...
- Search and Repalce a particular word in VI Editor(...
- Java Preparation for interviews
- ▼ September (25)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download