In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem.
One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about your friend?""Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before telling me anything I'd like you to pass a little test.
It's called the Triple Filter Test.""Triple filter?" "
"That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to take a moment and filter what you're going to say.
The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?" "No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it and...""All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not.
Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my friend something good?" "No, on the contrary...""So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not certain it's true.
You may still pass the test though, because there's one filter left:
the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to be useful to me?" "No, not really."
"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?"
Hope we all will implement Socrates Triple Filter Test in our life and see the positive results. Got this in a fwd mail ...Thanks for sharing
1 comments to "Socrates Triple Filter Test"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi !!!!
- Ovi.com ...for Nokia Users
- Socrates Triple Filter Test
- Chiranjeevi's new Party name "PRAJAA RAJYAM"
- Important attributes in HTML 4 !!!
- Office 2007 - .docx or .docm or .xlxs!!!!
- Yet another feather in India’s Cap...
- Installing XP in VM Ware Player for VISTA Laptops
- My Natal day ...
- Joker!!!! why did you die?
- ▼ August (11)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download