Why do we light a lamp?
Why do we have a prayer room?
Why do we do Namaste?
Why do we prostrate before parents and elders?
Why do we wear marks (tilak, pottu and the like) on the forehead?
Why do we not touch papers, books and people with the feet?
To touch another with the feet is considered an act of misdemeanor. Why is this so?
Why do we apply the holy ash?
Why do offer food to the Lord before eating it?
Why do we fast?
Why do we do pradakshina (circumambulate)?
Why is pradakshina done only in a clockwise manner?
Why do we regard trees and plants as sacred?
Why do we ring the bell in a temple?
Why do we worship the kalasha?
Why do we consider the lotus as special?
Why do we worship tulasi?
Why do we blow the conch?
Why do we say shaanti thrice?
Why do we offer a coconut?
Why do we chant Om?
Why do we do aarati?
Hope it clears all our normal/simple doubts ...
0 comments to "Hindu Rituals & Routines - Q & A"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- ▼ July (12)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download