What is HTTP Protocol ?
Hyper Text Transfer protocol - HTTP.
HTTP is a communication protocol to transfer data/information in network.
HTTP runs on top of TCP/IP.Immediate valid question is what is TCP and what is IP.
Both are simple protocols again.
TCP(Transmission controll protocol) is responsible for making sure that the file sent from one network node to another ends up as complete file at destination.
IP(Internet Protocol) is responsible for moving the file/chunks(file split into small packets) or routing the chunks from node to destination.
So HTTP is a protocol having Web-specific features but depends on TCP and IP to get complete request and responce from one to another nodes.
The structure of HTTP is a simple request/responce sequence; a browser(mozilla) requests and a server(apache) responds.
HTTP is IETF standard,RFC 2616.
HTTP protocol has several methods like POST,GET,PUT,TRACE,DELETE etc.
HTTP is a stateless protocol, due to this hosts will not be having information about users between requests. Session will not be maintained, so developer has to write code separately to maintain the session state of user separately.
There are 4 versions released till now.(HTTP 0.9, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2).
0 comments to "HTTP Protocol"
Powered by WidgetsForFree
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (18)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (73)
- ▼ July (12)
My Blog List
- Airtel and vodafone GPRS settings for pocket PC phones
- Andhra 2 America
- Ayyappa Deeksha required things
- Blogs I watch !
- Captions for your bike
- DB2 FAQs
- Deepavali Vs The Goddes of sleep
- ETV - Dhee D2 D3
- Evolution of smoking in India Women
- How to make credit card payments?
- Java-J2EE interview preparation
- My SQL FAQs
- My Travelogues
- Old is blod - New is italic
- Online pay methids for credit cards
- Oracle FAQs
- Smoking in Indian Women
- Technology Vs Humans
- Twitter feeds for all Telugu stars on single page.
- Unix FAQs
- Unix best practices
- init 0, init 1, init 2 ..
- mCheck Application jar or jad download